Key aspects of the Metabolic Weight Loss Programme
- Expected average weight loss of clients 7-14lb a month
- Easy-to-follow eating plan, personalised to you and your metabolism
- No shakes, faddy foods, diet pills or meal replacements
- Food easily obtainable from supermarkets
- One-to-one support
The four phases of the Metabolic Weight Loss Programme
- A blood test is arranged with a qualified registered Phlebotomist. The blood sample is sent away to The Doctor’s Laboratory (Wimpole Street). An individualised plan is produced based on the analysis of 35 laboratory values
- A 2 day cleanse is implemented, followed by a 14 day personalised eating plan based on your blood test results. This stage is key to hormone balance.
- A revised plan is presented to continue your weight loss. Additional foods are introduced, including a weekly treat meal and alcohol.
- A maintenance plan is provided to allow you to achieve a lifelong sustainable lifestyle using the principles of metabolic balance. No more diets!
Well-being benefits in addition to weight loss
In addition to weight loss the following benefits are continually being reported from our clients:
- Increased energy
- Improved sleep
- Reduction/elimination of cravings
- No hunger pangs
- Blood pressure in normal range
- Cholesterol in normal range
- Reduction of heartburn/indigestion
- Improved mood
- Improvement of blood sugar levels
- Increased self-esteem and confidence
- Improved concentration
- Reduction of cellulite
- Beautiful skin
The Principles of the Metabolic Weight Loss Programme
Puberty, pregnancy, menopause, ageing, stress, medication, giving up smoking, bad eating habits or change of lifestyle.
Some of the hormones that could be to blame if you are battling with your weight are:
The Human Growth Hormone
The Human Growth Hormone (HGH) assists with the metabolic rate. Studies show as we age the production of the HGH slows down.
It is believed that with the Metabolic Balance® programme alone this hormone can be increased, improving the metabolic rate.
Low serotonin levels may contribute towards mood swings, depression, sleeplessness and migraines. Studies show low serotonin levels are one of the triggers for sugar and carbohydrate cravings as well as eating comfort foods.
One of the aims of the Metabolic Weight Loss Programme is to increase the levels of serotonin naturally with foods.
If insulin levels are too high, the body may store too much fat and it can become more difficult to lose weight regardless of how much one diets.
The Metabolic Weight Loss Programme uses foods recognised as having a beneficial impact on lowering insulin levels.
Leptin & Ghrelin
These are the hunger and satiety hormones. Leptin signals the feeling of fullness, and Ghrelin signals hunger. Periods of prolonged yo-yo dieting, and faddy low calorie diets can put these out of balance.
Leptin resistance (the ‘never full’ feeling) is becoming as common as insulin resistance. Metabolic Balance® can assist with resetting these hormones.
Metabolic Balance® addresses the following
- Cardio & Cholesterol issues
- Hormone Balance
- Menopausal Symptoms
- Arthritic and Rheumatic Conditions
- Bone Health Issues
- Headaches and Migraines
- Food Intolerances
- IBS / Poor Digestion
- Sleep Disorders / Snoring
- Liver and Gall Bladder Disorders
- General Fatigue and Depression
Safety and Efficacy
Due to the sound scientific foundation, the programme is having extraordinary success, now in its 11th year in Europe with over 400,000 participants to date, and it is continuing to grow at a staggering rate.
Metabolic Balance® is the accumulation of 25 years of academic research and development. The programme has been developed by a team of doctors, nutritionists and IT programming specialists.
The scientific proof and success of the programme has been documented by significant improvements in the client’s lab values, as well as the more obvious health, vitality and aesthetics benefits that weight loss or adjustment will impart.
Clinical trials, research papers and scientific studies contained in the following are some of the sources that have inspired the principles of the Metabolic Weight Loss Programme:
- International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders
- European Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- The New England Journal of Medicine
- Journal of Clinical Investigation
- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- American Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Clinical Endocrinological Metabolism
- Recording of weight loss and inch/cm loss
- Diary monitoring
- Menu planning
- Help with any lifestyle changes needed that will assist with weight loss and maintenance
- Help with overcoming any obstacles in following the different stages of the plan
The one-to-one support is a fundamental aspect of the programme as your coach I will be on hand to support and guide you throughout. Many clients comment that they could not have achieved their outstanding results without the valuable support received.
The total cost of this 12 week programme is £850.00 and includes:
- Private blood test and laboratory analysis
- 2 day cleanse
- 14 day reset programme
- Re-introduction Plan
- Maintenance Plan
- One to One coaching and support throughout (approx. 8 consultations/check-ins)
For all enquiries please contact: Karen@meraki-nutrition.co.uk
Frequently Asked Questions
I have tried so many diets. I am worried that this will be just another diet that I will not be able to follow.
The Metabolic Weight Loss Programme is not a diet, but a step-by-step approach, with the aim of changing the way you are currently eating to the way you need to eat in order to lose and maintain your weight once and for all.
Will I be hungry?
One of the first rules of the programme is not to go hungry. The programme is designed to reduce hunger and cravings wherever possible.
What kind of foods will I be eating?
You will be eating foods from the different food groups that are readily available in supermarkets. There are no diet pills, meal replacements or faddy foods.
If there are foods that I cannot do without and they are not on the programme, will I still be able to do it?
Any part of the programme can be tailored to accommodate specific food needs.
Will I need to exercise?
Exercise isn’t mandatory on the programme. However, we always recommend exercising for health and fitness reasons.
How much weight can I expect to lose in a month?
This very much depends on your profile and how the Metabolic Weight Loss Programme is followed. Factors such as stress, age, medication and one’s own metabolism can affect the rate of weight loss. The expected average weight loss of clients is 7-14lb a month.
Will it be easy to maintain my weight?
The last stage of the programme deals with weight maintenance, providing simple guidelines and tools helping you to maintain your weight. Ongoing support is available as needed throughout this stage.
I live too far away to visit you. Can I still participate in the programme?
Yes! We successfully provide remote support throughout the UK and other countries, eg Europe, America, Australia… Distance is not a problem!
I have a hectic lifestyle. Will I still be able to follow the programme?
People from all walks of life have successfully completed the programme: doctors, dentists, factory workers, pilots, builders, teachers, television personalities, actors, clergy, policemen, athletes, business men and women, magistrates, accountants, lawyers, nurses, housewives etc.
I am always travelling. Would I still be able to follow the programme?
Any part of the programme can be tailored to accommodate you while you are travelling.
I am going on holiday, but don’t want to wait until I get back to start losing weight. Can I do this programme on holiday?
Necessary adjustments can be made to the programme to cater for holidays.
It will be my birthday/Christmas soon and I want to celebrate. Should I wait until the celebrations are over before I start the programme?
Any necessary adjustments can be made for those celebrations. Once the celebrations are finished you simply return to fully following the programme.
I am 70 years old; am I too old to lose weight?
The age range of Metabolic Balance® clients is from 8 to 89 years old. An 84-year-old lady lost 7 and a half stone in one year. Age appears not to be a problem!